Movember (Men’s Mental Health Awareness)
This month is Movember, which is a great time to raise awareness of men’s mental health, but also to remind ourselves that its okay to not be okay. Everyone deserves to feel that they can seek support for their mental health when they need it.
If you are struggling with your mental health or feeling low, there are organisations operating across Norfolk & Suffolk you can talk to, because mental health matters. We’ve listed some below:
- Samaritans, Free, confidential, listening and support for people and communities in times of need, available 24/7 by telephone and online: Samaritans | Every life lost to suicide is a tragedy | Here to listen
- Mind, A mental health charity with a wealth of resources, information and signposting to further support: Home | Mind, the mental health charity – help for mental health problems
- Wellbeing, An NHS Service, with online resources including workshops and one-to-one support: Mental Health, Wellbeing and Emotional Support (wellbeingnands.co.uk)
- MAP, A Norfolk-based service supporting the mental health of young people aged 18-25 with information and counselling: Mental health | Map
- 4YP, A Suffolk-based charity which provides and coordinates services that improve the social, emotional, and physical health and wellbeing of young people in Suffolk, aged 12-25: Home – 4YP
As always, if you have been a victim of, or witness to crime, we provide confidential, emotional and practical support, as well as signposting to specialist services.
If yourself or a loved one are in an emergency or a mental health crisis, call 999.